Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Potluck

I was bored during the break. So my friend invited me to join a potluck at a professor's home. It's a taiwanese party. I made a side dish named "tea eggs" which is a famous snack in Taiwan. Unfortunately, there was no main dish. Everyone though the same thing that should not make too much because there would be 14 dishes, so everyone brough the side dishes, soft drink, cookies or fruits. But we still had a good time. We watched movie, played mahjong and chated in different groups. I have many experiences about potluck but it was never happened. According to this experience, I will ask other people what will they bring first. Next weekend, I will go to another potluck in my American friend's home. It is a good chance to learn English in talking. I like to go to a party like this.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm glad that you have a good break. I know what you mean about potluck dinners. When I do them I ask other people what they are bringing too.